Table of Contents
How MagicJack Works with Faxing
MagicJack Fax Issues and How to Resolve Them
- Try plugging your fax machine directly into your MagicJack device if a splitter is degrading image quality.
- Fax fewer pages at one time and find another avenue to send graphically dense documents.
- Use a wifi connection to connect your MagicJack system.
- Do not run MagicJack on 3G, 4G or Air Card because the device requires high-speed connectivity and these signals are not compatible.
- Adjust your modem speed on your fax machine, beginning at the lowest setting and slowing moving higher until the quality is acceptable.
- Make sure your error correction mode is turned to the “off” setting.
- For important documents, you may want to make a follow-up phone call to the recipient and make sure the fax was received and readable.
More Reliable Alternatives to MagicJack Fax
Although MagicJack can be used reliably for free internet phone calls and perhaps an occasional fax here and there, you may want to consider more reliable ways to send and receive faxes through the internet on a regular basis. Many internet faxing services like eFax are available today to help you do just that without the need of extra hardware.