Port Your Fax Number to eFax
eFax makes it easy to transfer your existing business fax number to your new online fax service. Email or Call us today to get started porting your fax number to eFax.
Can I Port My Existing Fax Number to eFax?
Contact us at [email protected] or (800) 878-7151 to get started porting your fax number today.
Two Great Benefits of Porting Your Fax Number
- Keep Your Current Marketing MaterialsYou can continue using the business fax number you’ve always had, and that your customers, vendors and partners already know. No need to update your website, business cards, marketing and sales materials with a new fax number.
- Enjoy eFax Features with Your Current NumberStart taking advantage of online faxing immediately. With eFax, you and your colleagues can receive, annotate, electronically sign and send faxes online, from any Internet-connected device. You can respond quickly to important business faxes on the road so you never need to wait by a fax machine for an incoming document.
How to Transfer Your Fax Number to eFax
1. Get Your eFax Account
When you sign up for an eFax online fax account, you can choose to transfer your existing fax number right away. It’s quick and easy.
2. Link eFax with Your Provider
Review our standard Letter of Agency (LOA), which allows eFax the ability to work with your existing telecom provider and switch your fax number over to our service.
3. Start Enjoying eFax
We will begin porting your fax number to eFax right away. While your number is transferred, we will give you a temporary fax number so you can start using eFax immediately.
What You Need to Port an Existing Fax Number to eFax
- Number: The fax number you wish to port to eFax
- Carrier: The name of your phone/fax service provider
- Account Number: The account number as it appears on your bill
- Account Contact: Owner’s name or registered contact on file with your current carrier
- Address: The service address location where the physical fax line is installed
What it Means to Port a Fax Number
Porting entails the relocation of your fax number. You can port a fax number to a new provider or port a number away from your existing telecommunications company. Whether you are porting a number to or away there are often fees associated with the transfer request.
Why You Would Want to Port Your Fax Number to eFax
You would want to port your fax number in order to enjoy the latest features of online faxing. When comparing online fax services, not all services are created equal. Transferring your existing fax number would allow you to take advantage of the latest mobile applications, lower monthly fees, or even utilize features like unlimited online storage.