How to Fax From Windows 10
Friday, April 15, 2022
Convenient, efficient and time-saving—those three words to describe faxing via Windows 10 if you use the right tool. With eFax, you can get faxes sent from Windows 10 with just a few clicks. And there’s no need to invest in expensive equipment.
So let’s explore the most common ways to fax using Windows 10.
Send and receive faxes in minutes.
Why Should You Use an Online Faxing Service?
Not only is online faxing reliable, but it is also highly accessible. All you need to do is to install software, and you’re good to go. This is why online fax services are in high demand.
Here are some other compelling reasons for using online faxing services:
- Accessibility: You can send and receive faxes anytime and anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. This means you don’t have to be in the office to access important documents. Many even offer mobile apps for additional flexibility.
- Ease of Use: Sending a fax is no longer a big hassle. Faxes can be accessed just about anywhere and are very user-friendly. Internet-based faxing services are very intuitive and make it easy to store and organize all of your important documents.
- Cost Savings: Online faxing services are an affordable solution to your faxing needs. There is no need to purchase top-of-the-line fax machines and equipment. Also, online fax services are quite affordable. So online fax services provide an excellent opportunity to save you money.
- Security: Online fax service providers take security seriously. Platforms such as eFax use extensive security measures to ensure your privacy and security.
Ultimately, online fax services are the most reliable, cost-effective, and efficient solution for faxing from a windows 10 computer.
Faxing Using Windows 10: How Can You Do It?
Sending and receiving faxes is simpler than ever today. Here are some of the best ways you can use eFax to send faxes from a computer running Windows 10.
1. Use an Online Fax Provider like eFax
eFax has been a pioneer in the industry for more than two decades. Over this time, eFax has earned the trust of millions of customers, including nearly half of the Fortune 500 companies.
Users rave about how easy eFax is to use and its wide array of functions, among other important benefits. Other advantages include:
You can store your documents in the cloud and retrieve them anytime you want. This is perfect for people who want to keep a reliable record of their transactions.
You can tag faxes so they can be easier to find in the future.
eFax uses software called eFax Messenger that you can install on your Windows 10 desktop. This way, you can send and receive faxes anytime.
Extensive Number Inventory
With eFax, you can pick your preferred fax number to make your business stand out.
Local and Toll-Free Numbers
eFax lets you choose the type of fax number that is perfect for your business needs.
Large File Sharing
With eFax, you can send files up to 3 GB in size.
Exceptional Customer Service
Need technical help? eFax offers 24/7 customer support so that you can solve your problem in minutes.
The Steps Involved
Using eFax to send a fax is very straightforward. First, create your message. Then, type the subject of your fax and body. Next, attach your files (maximum of 10). Finally, hit send. You will receive a notification through email once your fax gets delivered.
How to do it:
- Access your eFax account by logging in. Or sign up now.
- Click on Send Faxes.
- Next, choose the recipient of your fax from your contacts in the window that opens. Or enter the recipient's company and name if you are sending the fax to someone who isn't in your list of contacts.
- Click on the Fax-To Country and then choose the location of the recipient of your fax.
- Enter the fax number of your recipient if they are not part of your contact list.
- Choose Include Cover Page and then enter the body and subject of your fax.
- If you want to include a file, click on Browse. Next, choose your document and then select OK.
- Click on Select Quality List and pick your desired fax resolution.
- Finally, click on Send Faxes.
How to Add Comments
If you want to add any comments, here’s how to do it.:
- Access your eFax account by logging in.
- Click on View Faxes.
- Check the box beside the fax you want to add a comment.
- Locate theMessage Center toolbar and click Sign.
- You will see a popup window open with your fax. Find the specific location where you wish to add comments and click Text at the top of your page.
- Enter your comment.
- If needed, resize or drag the comment box.
- To decrease or increase your text size, click on the minus (-) or plus (+) symbols that appear as you hover over your comment box.
- Finally, click Save. eFax will copy your updated fax to the Message Center Signed_Docs folder. You can also click Fax or Email in the top toolbar if you want to send the updated fax without saving it.
2: Fax via Email
With Windows 10, it’s also possible to send faxes via email even without logging into your eFax account.
Fax via Email in 4 Easy Steps:
- Draft a new email message using Gmail/Outlook/Yahoo or another email provider.
- In the To Field, enter the recipient’s fax number and then add @efaxsend.com.
For example, to send a fax to the number +1 222 333 4444, enter [email protected], where 1 stands for country code, 222 the area code and the fax number is 3334444
- You can attach a maximum of 10 files.
- If you wish to add a cover page, enter your text in the body of your email message. Alternatively, you can choose a cover page template. Finally, click on Send to finish sending your fax.
Another option to access fax services is to use eFax Messenger, which is the Windows 10 desktop app of eFax. This allows you to sign, view, annotate and send faxes without printing or scanning any document. This tool also allows for print to fax.
Keep in mind that you have to download software to use with your eFax subscription.
Here’s how you can send a fax using eFax Messenger in just seven simple steps:
- Open the Create window by choosing New Fax.
- In the To field, enter your recipient’s information. Alternatively, you can choose a contact in your Address Book.
- If you want a copy of your fax, click on Send Copy to Me.
- Enter the attention name and the subject of your fax.
- Click on the Add New Page (+) button found on the sidebar if you want to add a new page. Choose whatever type of page you wish to add. Your options include Cover Page, Blank Page or Import File.
- Select Attach file and choose your file to upload.
- Click Send Fax when you are ready to send.
After these simple steps, your fax and all documents will get delivered to your intended recipient.
Other Ways to Send a Fax from Windows 10
Take a look at these other methods of sending a fax from your PC.
1. Use a Connected Fax Machine
Not interested in online fax services? It’s possible to fax from your computer using a connected fax machine or a multifunction printer.
Note that when using this method, you need a physical fax machine and a phone line. So it’s not the most convenient option.
Keep in mind that not every device can send a fax from your PC, so your model must be able to support this function.
For this method, you will need:
- A PC running Windows 10
- Documents you want to fax
- A multifunction printer or fax machine
- A landline connection
Here are the required steps to fax with a connected fax machine:
- Install the required fax drivers on the Windows 10 device.
- Find the document you wish to send. Then, click Print.
- Choose the fax driver you installed in the first step.
- Enter your recipient’s fax number and then click Send Fax.
2. Windows Fax & Scan
Another method to fax with your PC is using an integrated Windows 10 fax software called Windows Fax & Scan.
This option will allow you to receive and send faxes using your computer without the need to purchase additional software or faxing equipment.
Follow these steps to set up Windows Fax and Scan:
- Type Windows Fax and Scan in the search box and open the app.
- Next, click on Tools and choose Fax Accounts from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add to install your fax modem.
- Choose either Manual or Automatic Answering.
To use Windows Fax and Scan, follow these steps:
- Use the search bar to locate and open the Windows Fax and Scan app.
- Click New Fax found in the toolbar at the top of the window.
- Add your recipient’s fax number in the To field.
- Add a cover page in the body.
- Attach documents.
- Click Send when you are ready to deliver your fax.
What’s The Best Option For You?
Once you’ve decided to start faxing from your Windows 10 PC, the next step is to figure out which method is best for you.
Each service mentioned above offers unique features, but it also depends on your personal needs and preferences.
If you are on a budget or you need something easy to use, you might want to try eFax. This powerful solution will allow you to send and receive faxes in minutes. Send and receive faxes in minutes. Start faxing now.