How to Fax From Windows 10
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Faxing from Windows 10 is easy and can be done via several quick and simple methods, including online faxing services, Windows 10-compatible fax machines and integrated Windows 10 fax software.
These methods make it easy to send and receive faxes without relying on large, costly and high-maintenance equipment.
Let’s take a look at how to fax from Windows 10 and why an online fax service might be the best option.
Send and receive faxes in minutes.
Table of Contents
- Why Use an Online Faxing Service?
- How to Fax From Windows 10: Online Fax Services
- How to Fax From Windows 10: Use a Connected Fax Machine
- How to Fax From Windows 10: Windows Fax & Scan
- Which Option is Best?
Why Use an Online Faxing Service?
If you are still using traditional fax machines to send and receive important documents, it might be time to consider switching to a more intuitive, convenient and cost-effective alternative.
Modern online fax services make faxing from Windows 10 incredibly easy and offer many benefits that can help businesses cut costs and improve productivity.
These advantages include:
- Accessibility: One of the primary advantages offered by online fax services is the ability to send or receive faxes at any time and from any location. Many even offer mobile apps for additional flexibility.
- Convenience & Ease of Use: Internet-based faxing services are very intuitive and make it easy tostore and organize all of your important documents. If you need to look for a particular document, you can quickly search your fax history rather than sorting through unorganized physical documents.
- Cost Savings: Not only do online faxing services save you the cost of buying a physical fax machine, but they can save you a significant amount of money every month on paper and toner.
- Security: Many online faxing platforms can encrypt and host your documents so that you can ensure your confidential files are secure.
Ultimately, online fax services are the most reliable, cost-effective, and efficient solution for faxing from a windows 10 computer.
How to Fax From Windows 10: Online Fax Services
The first option for faxing from Windows 10 is using an online fax service provider. These services allow anyone with an internet connection to send or receive faxes from any location and internet-enabled device.
Let’s take a look at how you can use eFax to easily send faxes from a Windows 10 computer.
Method 1: eFax Online
Sending a fax using eFax is very easy to do: Just create a new message, type your message subject and body, attach up to 10 files, then hit Send.
Once the fax has been delivered, you’ll receive an email notification to confirm that it was sent or if there were any issues sending the fax.
Fax From Your Account Using the Websend Form
To send a fax from a Windows 10 using eFax, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to you eFax account
- Go to Send Faxes
- In the window that appears, choose a recipient from your contacts, or type in the recipient’s Name and Company
- Navigate to Select Fax-To Country and choose your recipient’s location
- Enter your recipient’s Fax Number if it isn’t someone from your contacts
- Select Include Cover Page and enter a subject and body
- To attach a file, click Browse, choose a document, and select OK
- Navigate to Select Quality List and choose a resolution for your fax
- Select Send Faxes
How to Add Comments
You can also add comments to faxes that you receive:
- Log in to your eFax account
- Select View Faxes
- Check the box next to the fax that you want to comment on
- In the Message Center toolbar, click Sign
- A popup window with your fax will appear. Go to the page that you want to add comments to and select Text at the top of the page
- Type your comment
- Drag and resize the comment box if needed
- To increase or decrease the text size, click the plus (+) or minus (-) symbols that appear when you hover over the comment box
- Click Save and eFax will copy the updated fax to your Message Center Signed_Docs folder
That’s all there is to it. Alternatively, you can click Email or Fax in the top toolbar to send the updated fax without saving it to your folder.
Method 2: Fax via Email
You can even send faxes via email without logging in to your eFax account, giving you more flexibility and accessibility when sending or receiving faxes on a Windows 10 device.
Fax via Email in 4 Easy Steps
- Draft a new email message using Gmail/Outlook/Yahoo or another service
- Enter the recipient's fax number followed by @efaxsend.com in the To field
For example, to send to the fax number +1 222 333 4444, enter email@example.com where 1 equals the country code, 222 is the area code, and 3334444 is the fax number. For international faxes, include the complete destination fax number (country codes can be found here)
- Attach up to 10 files
- To include a cover page, type the text in the body of the email message, or choose from a selection of cover page templates. You can even learn how to write a fax cover sheet yourself.
- Click Send
After hitting Send, eFax will automatically convert your email into a fax before delivering it to the recipient.
Method 3: eFax Messenger
Lastly, eFax Messenger - eFax’s Windows 10 desktop fax app - allows you to annotate, sign, view, and send faxes online without having to scan or print any documents.
Note: To use eFax Messenger with your eFax subscription, you’ll have to download the software on your Windows 10 computer.
Send Faxes with eFax Messenger in 7 Simple Steps
- Open the Create window by selecting New Fax
- Input the recipient’s information in the To field or choose contacts from your Address Book
- Check Send Copy to Me if you want to receive a copy
- Enter the Subject of the fax and the Attention name.
- Click the Add New Page (+) button in the sidebar to add a new page and choose the type of page to add. The options are Blank Page, Cover Page, or Import File
- Click Attach file and select the file to upload
- Once you're finished, click Send Fax
After completing these quick steps, your fax and all accompanying documents will be delivered to the intended recipient.
How to Fax From Windows 10: Use a Connected Fax Machine
Of course, not every device is capable of doing this, so you’ll have to find a model that supports sending and receiving faxes from a Windows 10 computer.
What You Need to Get Started
To send and receive faxes from Windows 10 using a connected fax machine, you’ll need:
- A Windows 10 computer
- A fax machine or multifunction printer
- A landline phone connection (no VoIP)
- Documents to fax
Faxing with a Connected Fax Machine
Once you have all of the necessary materials, follow these steps to send a fax:
- Install the fax drivers on your Windows 10 device
- Navigate to the document you want to send and click Print
- Select the fax driver that you previously installed
- Input your recipient’s fax number, then select Send Fax
This process is incredibly simple, and once completed, will immediately send the fax to your recipient instead of printing.
However, as this process still requires a physical fax machine and a phone line, it may not be the ideal option for everyone. Both can be costly over time.
How to Fax From Windows 10: Windows Fax & Scan
Lastly, you can use integrated Windows 10 fax software to send or receive faxes quickly and easily.
This software, called Windows Fax and Scan, allows you to send faxes from your computer using a fax modem.
How to Set Up Windows Fax & Scan
Follow these steps to set up Windows Fax and Scan:
- In the search box, type Windows Fax and Scan and open the app
- Click on Tools and select Fax Accounts from the dropdown menu
- Select Add to install the fax modem
- Choose either Automatic or Manual Answering
Using Windows Fax & Scan
Once your machine is set up, follow these steps to send a fax:
- Type Windows Fax and Scan in the search bar and open the app
- Click New Fax in the toolbar at the top of the window
- Add the recipient’s fax number in the To field
- Add the cover page in the body
- Attach documents
- Once finished, click Send
These steps allow you to send and receive faxes easily without using any additional software or expensive faxing equipment. However, you will still need a phone line and fax modem.
Which Option is Best?
Faxing is still an important part of many businesses’ daily operations, so it’s important to find an efficient solution that meets your company’s needs.
While sending faxes through a connected fax machine or with Windows Fax and Scan can be convenient alternatives to traditional methods, they still require you to have a phone line, use bulky equipment, and can be difficult to get set up.
Online faxing from Windows 10, on the other hand, offers unmatched convenience, cost savings and time savings — making it the ideal faxing solution for most businesses.To see for yourself how online faxing can help your business save time and money while improving productivity, sign up for eFax today!