Now, it’s much easier to keep your phone number when you change carriers, and call forwarding is commonplace. So you may find that you have a Google Voice number that you no longer need. Why not repurpose that number to send and receive faxes?
Send and receive faxes in minutes.
Table of Contents
How to Fax with Google Voice
Step 1 — How to Unlock your GV Number
Step 2 — How to Port your GV Number
- On the sign-up page, enter your Google Voice number where it says “Enter your existing fax number.”
- Enter your account information like name, contact number, and billing information.
- Review the Letter of Agency that lets eFax work with Google Voice to use their number on eFax’s service.
- Now the porting process will begin. Until the port process is complete, you’ll receive a temporary fax number that you can use right away.
Use Google Voice to Send a Fax
- Log into your eFax account.
- Click “Send Faxes.”
- Ender the recipient’s name, company, country, and fax number, and click “Add.” Or click “Choose from Contacts” to select a fax recipient already in your contacts list.
- To add a cover page, click the “Include Cover Page” box. Type a subject line and message in the appropriate boxes.
- To add your fax document, click “Browse” and select a document from your computer. You can add up to 10 documents to a single transmission.
- Click “OK.”
- When you’re done, click “Send Fax.”
- The recipient will receive your fax either to their own online fax portal or to their traditional fax machine. The recipient will receive the fax from the Google Voice number that you ported into eFax.
- Create a new email.
- Address the email to the recipient’s fax number, followed by “@efaxsend.com”
- Attach the documents you’d like to fax to the email. You can attach PDFs, JPEGs, MS Word documents, and dozens of other file types.
- If you’d like to include a cover page, you can simply type your message into the body of the email.
- Hit “Send.”
- Just as if you’d sent your fax from the portal, the recipient will receive your fax from your Google Voice number.
Receive a Fax with Google Voice
You can also receive faxes to your email. Your faxes will be forwarded to the email address you specify. Just click on the attachment to view the fax.
Why Use an Online Fax Service Instead of a Fax Machine?
Can you fax using Google Voice?
Does Google have a fax option?
Can I send a fax from my Google Voice number?
Can Google Voice receive faxes?
The Easy Way to Fax with Google Voice
Port your Google Voice number to eFax to start sending faxes today!