How To Fax from Microsoft Word.
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Fax is not going anywhere, it’s simply evolving. The good news is, the fax machine’s days are numbered. Say goodbye to maintenance costs, wasted paper, loud screeching, paper jams and busy signals. Say hello to online fax. Being able to fax Word documents using your computer, laptop, tablet or phone, from any location, has made faxing easy and convenient.
In this article we’re going to focus on how to fax from Word using eFax. eFax is an online fax service provider that allows anyone with an internet connection to send or receive faxes from home, the office, or on the road using a computer or mobile device. With eFax, there’s no need to be tied to one place waiting for a fax to come in. Work from wherever, whenever.
Table of Contents
- 3 Simple Ways to Send a Fax From Word Using eFax
- Benefits of Online Fax
- Can I Send a Fax from Microsoft Office?
- How do I Send a Fax in Word 2016?
3 Simple Ways to Send a Fax From Word Using eFax
eFax makes faxing a Microsoft Word document from any PC or Mac incredibly efficient and can save you a significant amount of time. Instead of printing and manually faxing a Word document, you can digitally sign and send it using your eFax account.
To fax from Word using eFax, you’ll first need to sign up for an eFax account. Signing up for eFax is fast and easy and takes just a few minutes. Once you’re activated, you can instantly fax a Word document online, by email or by downloading the eFax Messenger app.
1. Sending a Microsoft Fax using eFax Messenger
eFax Messenger is a free desktop fax software that allows you to send an MS fax directly from Word (or even Google Docs). eFax Messenger provides a streamlined, easy-to-use app to create, sign, edit, send and store faxes - all from a single, unified interface. Downloading the eFax Messenger software is easy to do and it’s free with an eFax account.
With the eFax Messenger print driver, you can print to fax from any application (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) that supports printing. Any Word document can be turned into a fax document by selecting eFax Messenger as your printer.
Print to Fax a Word Document
- Open a Word document in Microsoft Word
- Select Print - the Print Dialog Box will appear
- Select eFax Messenger from the printer list and click Print (this will launch Messenger)
- Fill out the fax form in Messenger and click Send
2. Sending a Fax Online
To fax a Word document online, you’ll need to first log into your eFax account. Once you’re logged in, you can easily view your faxes, manage your account, share large files, and of course, send faxes.
- Log into your eFax Account
- On the MyAccount page, click Send Faxes
- Enter your recipient’s information
- Select Include Cover Page. Enter a Subject and type in a message (optional)
- To Attach your MS Fax (click Browse and choose your document)
- To Send your Fax, click Send
- You will receive an email confirmation that your fax was successfully sent
3. Faxing by Email
Faxing by email is probably the easiest and fastest way to fax a Word document - all you need is a computer and an email account. Easily send Word documents by email on any computer or mobile device from wherever you are.
How to Send a Fax by Email
- Open a new email message
- Enter the recipient's fax number followed by @efaxsend.com (for example: [email protected])
- Attach your Word document as an email attachment
- To create a cover page, simply type text into the body of your email
- Click Send
Benefits of Online Fax
Faxing a Word document using an online fax service is not only a fast and easy way to exchange important documents, it’s a time and money saver. Online faxing has replaced all the hassles and costs that came with using a fax machine. Signing up with an internet fax service like eFax allows you to send and receive faxes online from wherever you are so you can be more efficient and productive. You can easily send a Word document with eFax and experience all the benefits of online faxing.
- Convenient: Online faxing lets you send and receive faxes online, by email, or mobile app and it only takes a few seconds. You can fax anywhere you have an internet connection.
- Secure & Private: Online fax offers you the security and privacy you need to send and receive confidential documents to and from clients. With online faxing, faxes are delivered directly to your recipient’s inbox so there’s no documents lying around near a fax machine for everyone to see.
- Cost Efficient: Fax machines are expensive. Between maintenance, extra phone lines, paper and toner, it can really add up - not to mention the wasted time with paperjams and busy signals. Sending a Word document using an online fax service means there’s no equipment to buy, and all you need is an internet connection to instantly send your faxes. Zero time wasted.
Can I Send a Fax from Microsoft Office?
Yes, you can fax from Microsoft Office! All you need to do is sign up for an online fax service, such as eFax. eFax lets you fax directly through Outlook as an email. With eFax, you can easily fax Word documents on your computer, laptop, tablet or phone. Simply open a new email, attach your document, enter your recipient’s fax number followed by @efaxsend.com and Send. eFax will convert your Word document to a fax and deliver it directly to your recipient.
How do I Send a Fax in Word 2016?
Using an online fax provider to send faxes from Word 2016 is fast and easy. Online faxing allows anyone with an internet connection to fax Word documents to and from any location using their computer or mobile device. Using the eFax online fax service, there are three ways to send a fax with Word 2016.
- Fax Online: Log into your eFax account. On your MyAccount page, click Send Faxes. Enter your recipient’s fax information, attach your Word document, and Send.
- Fax via Email: Open a new email. Attach your Word document as an email attachment. Enter your recipient’s fax number followed by @eFaxsend.com. Click Send.
- Fax Using eFax Messenger: Open a Word document in Microsoft Word. Select Print, then select eFax Messenger from the printer list, and click Print. This will launch Messenger. Fill out the form in Messenger, then click Send.
Online faxing truly is fast, easy and convenient. Not having to use a fax machine means time and money saved - and it means you can work from anywhere. As we mentioned above, there are three ways to fax a Word document using your eFax service: using the free eFax Messenger software, logging into your eFax account at eFax.com, and faxing by email. If you haven’t tried it, sign up today and see why eFax serves millions of customers worldwide.