How To Fax a PDF
Fax Your PDFs the Easy Way with eFax
Using eFax, you can fax PDF documents from your phone, via email or online from any location. No more scouring the area for a fax machine or waiting for your documents to print or scan. Just upload your PDF, hit “Send” and you’re good to go!
Why Send Your PDF via Fax with eFax?
Sending a fax is still very much a thing. In certain industries, like healthcare, legal and financial, faxing is common and often mandatory.
But there is an easier way than walking to the nearest fax machine every time. You can send and receive PDF documents through eFax quite easily, and you can even sign them electronically before faxing them back to the sender. With eFax, you don’t need a phone line to fax PDF documents—all you need is an eFax account.
Other reasons to fax your PDFs with eFax include:
- You save paper and thus help save the environment. No need to print or send a physical fax—or print the faxes you receive.
- It’s convenient. You can send a fax anytime from anywhere you have access to the internet, even on your phone as long as you have a cellular signal. You can even digitally sign your PDFs on the go.
- eFax is simple and intuitive to use. If you can use a computer program or mobile application, you can learn to use eFax.
- eFax is flexible. You can use eFax in your browser, from your computer desktop or even from a mobile device like a tablet or smartphone.
With eFax, your work isn’t tied to a physical office any more, and you gain the ability to send, receive and sign faxes anytime, wherever you are in the world.
No printing, no fax machine.
Fax anytime, anywhere and eSign on the go.
Intuitive and easy to use.
Fax by email, mobile app, or web browser.
How to Fax a PDF Using eFax
If you need to send a PDF by fax, with eFax, you can fax by email, from your computer or on your mobile phone. The first step is to go to eFax.com and sign up for an account. Once done, you can start sending and receiving faxes in several different ways.
How to Fax a PDF Using Email
To fax a PDF via email, first, log in to your eFax account. Once logged in, compose an email, then attach the PDF document you wish to fax. When you hit Send, eFax automatically converts the PDF so it’s compatible with any fax machine. Moreover, your message will be delivered in seconds just like any other fax.
This applies no matter what email service you’re using. You can fax using Gmail, fax through Outlook or even send a fax using your Yahoo account.
02. Once you have an account, compose an email, attach your PDF, and send it to the designated recipient.
03. eFax will convert the PDF so it is compatible with any fax machine in the world, delivering your document quickly and easily.
How to Fax a PDF Online
If you want to fax a PDF from your computer, the steps are pretty simple.
Start by setting up an account with eFax.
Log into your account.
Create your cover page and enter the recipient’s fax number.
Upload your PDF or convert another document to PDF.
Once done, eFax will send your PDF as a fax to its destination. Whether the recipient is using a traditional fax machine or a computer like you are, they will receive the fax almost instantly.
How to Fax a PDF via Mobile
To fax a PDF using your mobile phone, you’ll need to first download the eFax app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store. The eFax mobile app is free with your eFax subscription. Once you’ve downloaded the app, log in to your eFax account.
Within the app, create a new fax. Compose your cover page and then attach your PDF. When you have everything the way you want it, hit the Send button and your fax will be on its way to the recipient. The process is fast, simple and practically effortless.
Sign up for aneFax account.
Download the mobile appfor iPhone or Android.
Begin a new fax message to yourrecipient and attach your PDF.
Hit send, and yourPDF is on its way.
How to Receive a Fax as a PDF
Whether you are on your mobile device or your computer, to receive a fax, you will need to log in to your eFax account and check your inbox for messages.
If you have received a fax, you’ll see a notification and a new message. You can open and view the fax, download it and save the file to the location of your choice. This can be locally on your computer or a cloud file storage service like Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive.
As you can see, the process is efficient, painless and doesn’t require a fax machine at all.
01. Create an account with eFax.
02. Check your email inbox for new fax notifications.
03. Click on the email attachment to view your fax.
Signing a Fax Before You Send It from Your Computer
In business, whether to finalize a contract or obtain approval for a transaction, signatures are necessary for documents to become legal and binding. With eFax, you can digitally sign a document without printing it out.
Here’s how to sign a fax before you send it.
Creating Your Signature
The first step is to create your signature. You can do this by capturing your written signature, preferably in black ink, in a variety of ways:
- Sign a piece of paper and scan it to your computer as a PDF
- Take a photo of your signature and save it as a JPG file. You can convert it to a PDF later
- Create a digital signature using Adobe Sign or a similar program, then save it to your computer
Once you’ve captured your signature, the next step is to sign up for an eFax account.
Signing a Fax Through Your Web Browser
01. Sign up for an eFax account.
02. Fax your signature to your eFax number.
03. Log in to your eFax account and open the fax with your signature.
04. From the toolbar, choose “sign” and crop your signature.
05. Save your signature. Make sure to use a name you can easily remember. You may want to create more than one version of your signature for different types of documents.
Your signature is now ready to use under the Sign option on the toolbar.
Through Your Smartphone
Signing a Fax from a Mobile Device
If you’re signing a fax from a mobile device:
- Create a signature using your finger or a stylus on your mobile device screen
- Download the eFax mobile app and locate the fax that has your signature
- From the toolbar, choose “sign” and crop your signature
- Save your signature. Make sure to use a name you can easily remember. You may want to create more than one version of your signature for different types of documents
Your signature is now ready to use on future documents.
If you’ve already saved a signature using your computer, your signature is stored as part of your eFax account and is ready for use on your mobile device.
The process is pretty much the same whether you’re signing a fax on an iPhone or an Android-capable device.
How to Send a PDF by Fax Today
Sending a PDF by fax is simple and straightforward. As we have outlined above, the first step is to sign up for an eFax account. Setup is quick and easy, and the faxes you send or receive, as well as your signatures, are stored in your account for as long as your subscription stays active.
Once you have an account set up, you can send a fax anytime from anywhere as long as you’re connected to the internet. You can send a fax without a phone line—even better, without a fax machine! Sending a fax from your computer, an internet browser, or even from a mobile app is intuitive and easy to learn. If you’re able to use any other software, rest assured you can learn to send PDF files via eFax.
One of the most noteworthy advantages of using eFax is that you can send large files, digitally sign your documents before sending them and track all the faxes you have sent and received. Everything you need is in a single place on the cloud and can be accessed anywhere you have access to your account.
Your fax will be delivered anywhere in the world in a matter of seconds, just as if you sent it from a fax machine but without the wasted paper, time and energy.
More Ways to Fax Using eFax
Whether you want to fax using your Yahoo mail or send a fax without a phone line, eFax lets you learn the ins and outs of online faxing your way.