What You Need to Port an Existing Fax Number to eFax
To port your existing fax number to your eFax account, your phone carrier will require the following information:
- Phone Number: The fax number you wish to port to eFax.
- Phone Type: Owner's name or registered contact on file with your current carrier.
- Phone Carrier: Select the name of your current phone carrier from drop down menu; if your carrier is not listed, choose “Other".
- Account Number: The account number as it appears on your phone bill.
- Address: The service address location where the physical fax line is installed.
You will also need to complete our simple Fax Porting form, and read and accept our standard Letter of Agency.
Note: You can port only one fax number at a time.
Note: Qwest account numbers should be entered in the following format: XXX-XXX-XXXX-XXX. Qwest account numbers have a letter at the end; however, you may leave the letter off when filling out the port request. Also, the service address may be different than what is listed on your bill. Please check with your carrier, and submit the exact service address they have on file.