Welcome to the future: sending a fax from Mac iOS.
Apple technology is the cornerstone of modern existence. iPhones, iMacs, Macbooks and iPads dominate the tech market. Their streamlined interface makes them easy to use, while their advanced security profiles have protected consumers from data theft and malicious attacks for years.
Mac products, it could be argued, are the opposite of a fax machine.
One is lean and sophisticated. The other is cumbersome and outdated. One is packed full of useful features that are constantly updated. The other hasn’t really changed since the 1970s.
Fortunately, these pieces of hardware needn’t share the same space. Fax machines have remained in business culture for many years now because fax is such an important method of communication, but you don’t need a fax machine to fax anymore.
In the digital age, you can send a fax from Mac computers.
Why Use Fax Software for Mac Devices Instead of Fax Machines?
- Fax is available anywhere you can take your Mac.
- There are no queues when using your own Mac computer.
- Everyone can have their own Mac to fax with, rather than sharing a fax machine.
- Macs use state-of-the-art data security systems to secure your data.
- Cloud fax saves your business money. It doesn’t require expensive fax machines, paper, ink and other resources. Nor does it require phone line rental and associated costs. The only fee is a low-cost monthly subscription.
- Your cloud fax account allows for multiple user access at any one time, while also enabling large files to be sent instantly. This saves your business valuable time and boosts efficiency.
- Cloud software is maintained remotely, which means if you have issues with your fax, they can be solved by a team of technicians immediately instead of arranging an engineer call out to fix your fax machine. But issues are rarely a problem for cloud fax, which has reliable uptimes thanks to being managed 24/7 by a team of support staff.
- Built with high-level data encryption and access controls, with the ability to manage and delete files easily, cloud fax is compliant with modern data protection laws.
No obligation. No set-up fees. No risk.
How to Fax from Mac Computers with eFax
- Register — Navigate to the eFax website on your web browser of choice. Safari works well if you’re on iOS. Register your eFax account, and sign up for your preferred package. Opportunities start at just £11 with a free trial available.
- Sign In — Once you’ve signed up you can sign in. When you fax from your Mac, you do this by entering your login details on the eFax website. This will send you to the cloud fax portal.
- Send Your Mac Fax — From the portal, you can access the eFax message centre. You can draft your fax transmission, attach any files, add signatures if required and send your fax. This all works very similar to an email, but instead of adding an email address to your address bar, you add the recipient’s fax number. Don’t worry if your recipient doesn’t have cloud fax, the documents sent from your Mac will be automatically converted to file types readable by fax machines whenever necessary.
How to Manage Incoming Fax from Mac
To manage your incoming faxes — as well as to review historic faxes, archive old faxes and curate your received files — you can go to your eFax cloud faxing portal and navigate to the document management centre. Here, you’ll find all your fax documents along with your sent files. It’s quick and easy to find faxes for the sake of referral — an important benefit for modern data protection laws.
Fax from your Mac today with eFax. Sign up to our industry-leading cloud fax service, and get immediate access to all our features. It’s fast and easy to join. Discover why 10 million other businesses have already made the eFax switch.