RAPIDFAX FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How do I change my username/password?
You can change your username and password at anytime to protect the security of your Online fax program account. To change your password, log in to your account with your username and password at www.efax.com/rapidfax. Once you have logged in, click the “Settings” icon located at the top right-hand side of the screen. Click the “General Settings” tab and enter your new username and/or password as desired.
2. How do I enable Sender Policy Framework (SPF) which is required to send faxes by E-Mail?
Note: The SPF requirement only affects sending faxes through E-Mail. You can still send faxes using the website or our fax apps regardless of SPF status.
- Use an email service (domain) provider: Please have your domain provider confirm they have a valid SPF record in place to ensure you’re sending an SPF-enabled E-Mail.
- Manage your own E-Mail DNS settings: Add an SPF record (i.e., one with IP addresses and/or hostnames authorized to send from your specified domain).
If you attempt to send faxes by E-Mail your faxes will fail if your email is not SPF enabled. Note: If you use the following email domain service providers, you should likely already be set up with SPF enabled
The SPF requirement protects against someone spoofing your E-Mail address(es) It also adds another layer of security against phishing attacks and spam E-Mail.
Here’s a short video explaining how SPF works: https://youtu.be/WFPYrAr1boU
Why did we make this change?
We are adopting this standard to protect against someone spoofing your email address(es) It also adds another layer of security against phishing attacks and spam email.
As a reminder this applies to sending faxes by email ONLY, all other forms of faxing have not changed. You can still send faxes via the website or mobile apps.
For more details on enabling SPF, see:
Note: As an alternative solution, you may also add a Gmail account to your list of eligible send email addresses.
3. I forgot my username/password
4. How do I update my credit card information?
5. How do I view my Online fax program invoices?
6. How do I send a fax online via email?
7. How do I send a fax online via the RapidFAX Web site?
8. I sent a fax from my email, but it didn't go through.
9. Someone sent me a fax but I didn't receive it.
10. I am not receiving confirmation of faxes being sent to my account.
11. My fax account was suspended, and I need to reactivate it.
12. How to set up my account once I've signed up for the RapidFAX service?
- Login to website
- Click on the Inbound Settings tab and complete the required fields
- Inbound File Format – Choose either PDF or TIF.
- Inbound Fax Delivery: – If you want to receive faxes in your email, choose the Web Inbox AND Email option. You will see the email address you provided on the sign up form is listed as the Primary Address. If you would like to change the Primary Address, you will need to update the General Settings tab. You can also add a Secondary Address so when a fax comes in to your RapidFAX fax number, it will be delivered online and sent to BOTH the Primary and Secondary email address. If you would like to retrieve the faxes on the website only, choose Web Inbox ONLY. If you choose the Web Inbox ONLY option, you can still receive an email that will notify you when a fax has been delivered to your Inbox. You can choose the frequency of these notifications by selecting the Inbound Fax Notification Frequency at the bottom of the page.
- Online Fax Storage – Any faxes left sitting online (whether in one of your folders or the Trash) for more than 30 days, will incur a fee of $0.05 per fax per month. To avoid these storage fees, you can choose to Automatically delete faxes by entering 30 days or less.
- Once all your Inbound Settings have been set, click the UPDATE INBOUND SETTINGS button at the bottom of the page
- Outbound Settings tab
- Email to fax security – If you would like to require a password for sending faxes via email, you will select “Password protect with” and enter your password in the blank space. If a password is entered here, when sending a fax via email this password (and only the password) should be entered in the subject line of the email. The system defaults to “Do NOT password protect.”
- Document Handling – When sending a fax via email, you can choose to “Fax Email Attachments”, “Fax Email Body” and you can choose the resolution of the fax (Fine will cause the fax to take longer to transmit to the fax recipient).
- Email Notifications – When sending a fax via email, we can provide 2 types of notifications: the 1st is an Acknowledgment, where we will let you know that we received your request, the 2nd is a Delivery Status, where we can let you know whether the fax was successful or not.
- Valid From Email Addresses – Here is where you will list all the authorized email addresses that you would like to give access to your service to send faxes via email. Enter one email address at a time next to “New” and click “Update”.
- Once your settings have set, make sure to click “Update Outbound Settings”.
13. How much does the RapidFAX service cost?
RapidFAX Premium plan is just $13.99/month. All Online fax program plans are month to month and include 350 free inbound and outbound pages anywhere in the US, one toll-free or local number, and unlimited access to the RapidFAX online interface. See below for the Premium plan details: $13.99 Monthly Fee 350 free Inbound/Outbound pages
Overage rate: $0.08 per page Note: Included pages only apply to faxes sent/received within the U.S. and Canada. International faxes are billed in 60-second increments according to RapidFAX’s current International rate chart. Please contact us to request a copy of our current International rate chart. Storage fees: There are no storage fees for faxes stored less than 30 days in the web inbox. Faxes stored in the web inbox after 30 days are charged $0.00 (per fax, per month). To avoid storage fees, set your account preferences to automatically delete faxes after 30 days.
14. How much do additional fax numbers cost?
15. How do I add another fax number to my existing account?
To add additional fax numbers to your account, please contact us and select “Add another fax number” from the scroll-down list of topics. Once we receive your request, we will send you back a form to complete with information about your new fax number/account. Please complete the form and then email it back to [email protected] Once the new number(s) have been activated, we will send you an email confirmation with your new fax number.
16. Will my faxes be secure?
Private faxing straight to email
Faxes are received in your email box. Since only account holders have access to online fax messages, you can determine who reads them and when they are read. The risk of sharing sensitive information or losing messages is eradicated.
SSL encrypted faxing through the web interface
Send and receive faxes securely via our SSL-encrypted website.
Users have the option of password-protected online fax accounts.
17. What file types does RapidFAX support?
RapidFAX supports the following common file types: Adobe® Acrobat® PDF
Group 3 TIF Image
Rich Text Format (RTF)
Graphic Interchange Format (GIF)
Portable Network Graphic (PNG)
Access Snapshot (SNP)
For a complete list of supported file types, please email your request to [email protected].
18. I'm having problems viewing TIFF files from WinXP. What should I do?
If you have problems viewing TIFF faxes from Windows XP, it is most like due to an incorrect file association in the Windows system. Common problems include not being able to view all pages of the fax or open the file at all. To correct this error, Windows needs to know which software to use to open the file. Most computers come equipped with a built-in viewer called the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Using this viewer, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Save the TIFF fax to your Desktop by right clicking the “TIFF” image on our website and selecting “Save Target As” or “Save Link As” (in Firefox).
- Right-click the TIFF file you just saved and go to “Properties”. On the window that appears, select the button marked “Change”.
- In the new window under “Recommended Programs:” select either “Windows Picture and Fax Viewer” or “Microsoft Office Document Imaging” (if you have Microsoft Office).
- Click “OK” twice and then restart your web browser.
- The file will open properly and you will be able to use the page-up or page-down keys on your keyboard to view the additional pages. There is also a drop-down box in the middle of the viewer screen that will allow you to jump to any page in the document.
19. I'm having a problem opening TIFF files with QuickTime.
The QuickTime player will try to open the .TIFF file which it can’t display properly. You should use another image viewer (see article above). Here are the instructions on how to disable QuickTime from opening .TIFF files:
- Click on Start then on Settings and the Control Panel
- Double-click on QuickTime (not on QuickTime 32 if you have older version)
- In the window that opens click on “Browser Plug-in” in the drop-down menu. Or, if you have Quicktime 7 or greater, click the tab that is labelled, “Browser”, then proceed to the next step.
- Click on MIME Settings: button
- Click on the + sign in front of Images to expand the selection
- Uncheck the box for TIFF image file
- Click on OK
- Close the QuickTime Settings window
- Restart all instances of your web browser. (VERY IMPORTANT)
20. How do I disable the coversheet?
Log in to your Online fax program account via the RapidFAX web interface with your username and password. Once you have logged in to your account, click the “Settings” icon located at the top right-hand side of the screen. Click the “General Settings” tab and then un-check the box that says “Include a cover page with each fax?” to disable the cover page.
21. How do I cancel my account?
© 2022 Consensus Cloud Solutions Inc. or its subsidiaries (collectively, “Consensus”). All rights reserved. eFax® is a trademark or registered trademark of Consensus.
700 S. Flower St., 15th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017