How Do I View Faxes in eFax Messenger?
View Faxes in eFax Messenger Automatically
- Ensure eFax Messenger 4.4 is installed on your computer.
- To download a free copy of eFax Messenger, please visit the download page .
- Once downloaded, double-click the messenger.exe file to install the software.
- Download an EFX (.efx) attachment and save it to your Desktop.
- Right-click the downloaded EFX file, click Open with and then click Choose Program.
- Locate and click eFax Messenger from the list.
- Check the Always use this program to open this type of file box (For Windows XP and 2000 check the Always use the selected program to use this kind of file box).
- Click OK.
Convert an EFX File to TIFF or PDF
- Open the fax from your email account (if you’ve downloaded eFax Messenger, faxes will automatically open in EFX format with eFax Messenger).
- Ensure you are in Fax Edit Mode.
- Click File, then Export.
- In the Export window, in Save as type select either Black and White TIFF file (*.tif) or PDF files (*.pdf).
- Modify the Save in location and/or File name.
- Click Save.
How to Read Faxes for eFax Free Users
- Log into your account.
- Open the email message from eFax [[email protected]].
- Click the attachment to open the fax in eFax Messenger.