Fax has come a long way since the days of a clunky, noisy fax machine sitting in the corner, plugged into a dedicated phone line and waiting for toner or paper to be added.
Fax is integral to transactional business today. Oftentimes, a scanned PDF sent via email is not allowed—only a faxed, or original document (mailed or hand-delivered) is accepted. Today, with nothing more than a WiFi connection and a cell phone or iPad, you can send and/or receive a fax online—even signing it using your finger, if required.
The "fax machine in your pocket" concept really came alive with the introduction of mobile faxing apps, particularly those that facilitate signing of documents using digital signatures.
For example, a new free eFax fax app enables mobile professionals to easily sign, approve or initial important business documents such as contracts or invoices directly from their smartphone. The app also provides the ability to manage documents quickly and conveniently from a smartphone (ie, iPhone or Android device) or an iPad.
Small business owners are constantly searching for ways to be more efficient. Rather than holding up the momentum of business while away from a desk, eFax users can now drop digitized signatures onto all kinds of documents including time sheets, expense reports and invoices without having to return to a desk to print, sign and forward hard copies. Documents that need a signature can be faxed to a user’s eFax account to add a digitized signature in a snap. The approved document can then be sent along via email or fax.
Other benefits a fax mobile app offers include:
- Create and send faxes: take photos of documents and the app will enhance the images, combine them, and fax them out just like a fax machine.
- View and search faxes: quickly view and search all received faxes. Faxes are converted to searchable documents using optical character recognition technology, allowing them to be acted upon anywhere, anytime.
- Use cover sheets and contact lists: create customized fax cover sheets and use the iPhone contact list to easily populate them.
- Tag and archive faxes: add search tags to individual faxes and archive them for convenient access later.
- Send documents by email: send or forward stored documents directly from the app as email attachments.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of mobile faxing.
Try eFax for free today!