PDF: Perfectly Delivered Fax. Uh, no, that’s not what PDF stands for (it’s actually portable document format, if you didn’t know). But for our intent and purpose, it could.
As perhaps one of the most widely known types of document, a PDF plays a critical role in communications among businesses today. Knowing how to share that PDF through different faxing options in today’s complex mix of communications technology can sometimes be a challenge. Here are some step-by-step instructions to create a Perfectly Delivered Fax by faxing a PDF.
Table of Contents
How To Fax a PDF by Email
Nearly every business professional has an email address today. Using that email address to fax a PDF from a computer can be as simple and convenient as emailing a PDF as an attachment with the help of an online fax service. Here are the steps:
- Simply visit an online fax provider’s website, and sign up for an account.
- Once you have an account, just attach your PDF to an email and send it to the designated recipient.
- Your provider will convert the PDF so it is compatible with any fax machine in the world, delivering your document quickly and easily.
How to Fax a PDF Online
If, for some reason, you do not wish to use your email account to send a fax, many online fax providers will also allow you to log into their system to complete the entire faxing process. Here are the steps:
- Like faxing from an email address, you’ll need to start by setting up an account with your chosen online fax provider.
- Log into your account.
- Complete the cover page and enter the fax number on the provider’s forms.
- Directly upload your PDF.
- Once the process is completed, your fax provider will simply combine all the information and fax the PDF online to its final destination.
One advantage of selecting this option is that once you hit send, you’re done. The online fax service handles all of the remaining details after you complete your cover page and upload your PDF. In addition, your online fax provider will send you an email if it encounters a busy signal or discovers that the fax number is not attached to a fax machine to notify you that the fax transmission was incomplete.
How to Fax a PDF with a Mobile App
More and more business professionals are fulfilling their daily duties on the go. Mobile technology has made it easier to take your entire business with you on the road. Whether you’re keeping track of your workload on a plane, while waiting for an appointment, or even at home, having the ability to fax a PDF with a mobile app can be extremely handy.
Start by selecting a faxing app, such as eFax - one of the best faxing apps - which can be downloaded as part of an online fax service package. There are also stand-alone faxing apps.
The first option requires an online fax service account with a subscription. You will be able to send a PDF by fax from your smartphone as one of many faxing options. This option works best for those who fax PDF documents as a routine part of their business.
The second option typically charges you per fax. Similar to running out to a print shop to send a fax, this option is workable for those professionals who rarely need to fax a PDF.
Before selecting your mobile app, be sure that it works with PDF documents. Some of these tools require that you scan your document with your smartphone’s camera in order to fax.
Signing Your Document Before You Fax a PDF From a Computer
Often, businesses require faxed documents in order to secure signatures to legalize agreements, finalize contracts, or otherwise obtain official approval for some business transaction. Today’s technology gives you several ways to submit an electronic signature directly on your PDF document before you fax a PDF from a computer. The signed PDF then resides in your internal files as well as with your business associate. Here are four ways:
Through Adobe Acrobat
- Open your PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Find the button on the right side that says “fill & sign.”
- Select the “sign” option from your toolbar.
- Choose “add signature.”
Now, you’ll be able to import your legal signature into the software. Next time you need to send a PDF by fax with a signature, you’ll have your tools set up to do so easily and quickly.
Through Your Web Browser
- Sign up for an eFax account.
- Fax a darkly written signature to your eFax number.
- Log into your account to find the fax that has your signature.
- Choose “sign” in the toolbar and crop your signature.
- Save and name your signature.
This will store your signature for future use.
Through Your Smartphone
- Sign up for an eFax account and download the app.
- Follow these instructions for Android or iPhone.
Your signature is ready to use on documents.
How to Send a PDF by Fax Today
Whether you need to fax a PDF from a computer or your smartphone, many options exist to help you do so efficiently and affordably. Using an existing email address, logging into an online fax provider’s service, or using a mobile app are three simple ways to get your documents to where they need to go.
Many online fax services provide convenient and affordable means to fax a PDF to your customers, business partners, or valued suppliers. It’s easy to get started by signing up for an account. eFax offers 150 inbound and 150 outbound pages per month for $16.95.
Simply visit eFax.com to check out the wealth of features designed for today’s busy professional, and start faxing online today.