You’re a modern small business professional, so you always make sure you have your smartphone, tablet, cloud storage (for mobile access to your files), and fax machine. Really?
Faxing is an old technology, yes. But that doesn’t mean you’re tied to a fax machine.
The good news: You can easily and affordably send and receive faxes without the fax machine itself. In fact, in addition to saving a significant amount of money on your overall faxing costs and simplifying your fax processes, there are great environmental benefits to switching to an online fax service like eFax.
1. ONLINE FAXING SAVES TREES
- 10,000: Number of pages of standard copy paper the average office worker uses every year. (Reduce.org)
- 42: Percentage that paper accounts for among the trees cut down each year by industry. (National Resources Defense Council)
2. REDUCE THE USE OF TOXIC CHEMICALS
- Paper mills are among the worst polluters of any industry — releasing millions of tons of toxic chemicals into the air during the papermaking process. (Environmental Protection Agency)
3. HELPS CREATE NEW TECH PRODUCTS
- 80: Percentage of the 2.25 million tons of electronics disposed in 2007 that ended up in landfills.
- All the gold, copper, silver, and other recyclable materials used in those products could have been used to create tomorrow’s tech products. (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Recycling also reduces the need to mine new materials needed to make electronic products.
- 30-40x: One metric ton of circuit boards, such as those found in fax machines, can contain 30-40x the amount of gold from one metric ton of ore in the US. (Environmental Protection Agency)
4. ELIMINATE YOUR ANALOG FAX LINE
- Cloud faxing saves energy!
- 5x: Landlines use 5x more energy than that consumed by cell phones. (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
5. SIMPLIFY YOUR BUSINESS TASKS
- Traditional paper faxes take up storage space: With eFax, you have lifetime cloud storage for your faxes. Retrieve your secure faxes online anytime.
- Save time by signing faxes right on your smartphone: Our fax app gives you two convenient ways to add an electronic signature to your fax. 1.) Drop in a stored photo of your signature. 2.) Use a finger to trace your signature right on the screen.
- Add notes to a fax directly on your smartphone: Engage with your team on the go... Need to add a date beside your signature? Need to add a note to a contract for your team to review?
- Send a fax from the cloud: Pull documents straight from your cloud storage service, and send them through the eFax app.
Ditch the fax machine
and help save the environment with eFax!