"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
No matter how you measure success (wealth, happiness, power, fulfillment, etc), according to Investor's Business Daily, there are 10 common traits that successful people share.
In this issue, IBD profiles John D. Rockefeller, one of the the most successful entrepreneurs of all time. Rockefeller died in 1937, one of the wealthiest people in the world — worth perhaps $340 billion today.
Rockefellers' Keys to Success:
Overcame: Limited market for petroleum products.
Lesson: Brainstorm innovative applications for your product or service.
Quote: "Many of us fail to achieve big things because we lack concentration, the art of concentrating the mind on the thing to be done at the proper time and to the exclusion of everything else."
Here are IBD's 10 Secrets to Success:
1. How you think is everything - Always be positive. Think success, not failure. Beware of a negative environment.
2. Decide upon your true dreams and goals - Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them.
3. Take action - Goals are nothing without action. Don't be afraid to get started. Just do it.
4. Never stop learning - Go back to school or read books. Get training and acquire skills.
5. Be persistent and work hard - Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.
6. Learn to analyze details - Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.
7. Focus your time and money - Don't let other people or things distract you.
8. Don't be afraid to innovate; be different - Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.
9. Deal and communicate with people effectively - No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.
10. Be honest and dependable; take responsibility - Otherwise, Nos 1-9 won't matter.
Try eFax for free today!